Pros and Cons of building your own Website
Have you ever thought of building your own website with WordPress?
While it might seem like a really great idea to build your own business website with WordPress, there are some important things you’ll need to consider carefully before taking on this task.
From our many years of experience, business owners often lack the experience and skills to successfully build their own website.
With so many platforms available nowadays it could be very tempting, so we have put together a list of pros and cons to help you decide.
Pros of building your own website:
- You will learn something new
- You can save money
- You have full control over your website
- You will have a sense of accomplishment
Cons of building your own website:
- You might not have the necessary experience with User Interfaces / Design
- Your website might not look as professional as you intended
- Upkeep and maintenance of your website might turn out to be overwhelming
- The website might not be optimised to its full potential, thus making it hard to be found on Google Search
- The necessary security might be non-existent, making it easy to hack or get infected with malware
- Frustration could kick in, and leave you stranded, not knowing what the next steps are
- Building a website for the first time will be extremely time-consuming
- Your website could ultimately have a negative effect on your business, not representing what your brand really represents
Website costs can vary greatly, and some business owners might feel that it’s “out of their reach” to have a professionally designed website. If you have a budget to design or redesign your website, it might be worthwhile to contact a professional web developer. You will save time, and get a professionally designed website that can be found on search engines.
Headway Digital offers affordable solutions to small and medium enterprises, suited to your budget.
We also offer WordPress training, and if you have us design your website, we can also provide training, allowing you to manage the content on your WordPress website.
Our monthly maintenance and support retainers include backups, security, site monitoring, software updates and website support. If you have a maintenance retainer in place, you can be assured your WordPress website is in safe hands, and that it will run as smoothly as possible.